The flat fee for a half day mediation is $1250 plus HST. This flat fee includes:
- telephone conversations with the parties or their legal counsel after the initial consultation,
- the issuing of notices, drafting of letters and email correspondence for the purpose of determining process requirements and the scheduling of the mediation session,
- reading briefs sent by the parties prior to the session,
- conducting a three hour mediation session,
- the drafting of invoices and reports as required, and
- photocopies and faxes, postage and couriers, parking, and long distance charges.
The flat fee does not include travel outside of the 416 for clients of the Toronto office or 613 area code for clients of the Kingston office, rental space fees or teleconferencing or video conferencing fees as incurred.
The fee for a full day mediation is $2350 plus HST and includes all items listed above plus an additional four hours of time conducting the mediation session.
Hourly fees begin at $300 per hour (plus disbursements) and will vary depending on the number of parties and the complexity of the dispute.
Please contact us for a confidential consultation and fee quote.
Special rates apply for charitable or non-profit organizations, matters before the Small Claims Court of Ontario and members of publicly-funded income programs. Please note that we accept requests for special rates or pro bono services in writing only.
Placet Dispute Resolution supports trade-in-services initiatives. Please contact us for more information.