Is Mediation Right For Me?
If you can answer YES to any of the
following questions, mediation may be right for you:
• Are you interested in discussing creative solutions
to your problem?
• Do you find the conflict affecting your business relationships?
• Does pursuing this as a matter of “principle”
no longer seem worth it?
• Are you frustrated by the time and expense involved to bring
a matter to trial?
• Are you worried about the impact a negative judgment might
have on your professional reputation?
• Does the case law in this area seem unclear?
• Do you feel like nobody really understands the root of the
• Do you find the conflict taking up space in your personal
• Have you wondered what it would feel like to wake up tomorrow
without this conflict in your life?
What Does A Mediator Do?
• Brings parties together
• Establishes communication and sets an atmosphere for negotiation
• Helps negotiate agendas and clarify issues to be addressed
• Helps parties obtain data they need to make decisions
• Clarifies interests, priorities and alternatives to an agreement
• Helps parties explore (sometimes in private) ideas for creative
• Identifies overlapping interests or areas of potential agreement
• Helps parties agree on criteria to evaluate solutions
•Help parties craft settlements that are effective, comprehensive
Mediation is a viable option when the following
factors are important.
• Resource conservation
• Preserving relationships